Announcements for October 24, 2018
Today’s Lunch: Popcorn Chicken Tomorrow’s Breakfast: Pop Tarts Tomorrow’s Lunch: Pizza
Today’s Activities: Parent Teacher Conferences 5:30-8:30 National FFA Convention
Early Yearbook Sales
1. Tap Band Schedule: Wednesday: EHC All-Conference Auditions; Thursday: EHC All-Conference Auditions; Friday: EHC All-Conference Auditions
2. The registration deadline for the December 8th ACT is November 2nd. If you need help signing up or have any questions, please see Mrs. Gaughen asap. Also, please keep in mind that we do not have school November 1st or 2nd so plan accordingly.
The representative from Joseph’s College Beauty will be here on Thursday, October 25th at 9:00. Any junior or senior that would like to meet with the rep should check with their teacher and then see Mrs. Gaughen for a pass.
Sophomores-If you have not already registered for the Career Day at Midland University on January 23rd, please check your email to see if you are registered and otherwise, you have to be registered by October 31st because all sophomores attend so please do it now so you don’t forget. See Mrs. Gaughen if you have any questions.
The following are prohibited items at the playoff football game: Confetti/shredded paper, powder (baby, talc, etc.), Laser light/ pointer, flashing objects, miniature sports balls, objects or candy thrown into the crowd, Artificial noise makers, (included but not limited to horns, cow bells, bells, buzzers, clickers, thunder sticks, rattles, instruments not part of a band), whistles, air horns, sirens, cannons/muskets/guns/fireworks, live animals.
Cost of admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students.
6. Students are welcome to meet with friends in the library before school. Please act like the mature adults we know you can be or you and your group will need to find another place to socialize.
7. State Wrestling ticket order forms are available, see Mrs. Ray. Orders and payment are due back by 3:30 pm Tuesday, October 30th.
8. Any junior or senior that would be interested in attending an engineering day at UNO on November 14th needs to see Mrs. Gaughen asap.
9. Any senior interested in a Criminal Justice Day at Northeast Community College on Friday, November 9th needs to see Mrs. Gaughen TODAY or let the office know that they want to go.
10. TAP WAR: Operation Fleece Blanket - National Honor Society is holding a blanket drive to benefit FurEver Homes rescue shelter in Fremont. They need fleece blankets (throw size and twin size) for their dog kennels. (No king/queen size comfoters large blankets, as those are difficult to wash/dry in a regular size washer/dryer) The TAP or homeroom that collects the most blankets between now and TAP on Thursday, October 25 will win a pizza party on Friday, October 26!
11. YOUTH size Pink Out shirts still available at the bargain price of $7--limited sizes left. Contact Mrs. Sterup if you would like one for your younger sister or brother, cousin, or grandkid.
Happy Birthday to Masyn Daugherty!