Announcements for February 28, 2019
Today’s Lunch: Mr. Rib
Tomorrow’s Breakfast: Sausage Biscuit Tomorrow’s Lunch: Chicken Patty or Pork Patty
Today’s Activities: State Girls Basketball at 2:00 at Devaney Good Luck Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reminders for Girls and Boys State Basketball: * Clear bag policy is in effect
* $7 for adults/$5 for students
* $7 for parking at the Devaney/Pinnacle
* Fire Precautions. Shredded paper, confetti, etc. should not be carried into the gymnasiums by your pep club and student body. The fire marshal has directed us not to permit materials of this type in the various sites. Please help us by telling your student body not to bring confetti, shredded paper, etc.
* Signs and Banners. Signs and banners that are not directed at the opposition and are not
derogatory in nature may be placed on walls behind the seating areas in the High Schools
ONLY. There will be no signs or banners allowed at the Devaney Sports Center or
Pinnacle Bank Arena. These signs or banners will not be permitted on walls or the stands near the playing floor. Signs, banners, and school flags should not be carried around the floor. Signs that are not political, obscene, or in bad taste may be posted within the playing facility as long as the signs do not interfere with the spectators’ view of the game or with the playing of the game. No balloons inside the facility.
* Artificial Noisemakers. The use of artificial noisemakers is prohibited. (Examples: air horns, whistles, bells, Thunder Sticks, etc.) Megaphones are to be used by cheerleaders only. Band instruments, including drums, are not to be played at any time other than when the entire band is playing.
1. Tap Band: Friday: District contest small groups/solos
2. HOSA members need to get registered for state by this Friday.
3. All Optimist Club Softball and Baseball forms are due no later than this Friday March 1. Scholarships available by contacting myself or Mr. Sterup.
Extra Girls State Basketball shirts are available. Short Sleeve are $13 and Long sleeve are $16. See Mrs. Sterup if you would like one.
Even though we are between storms, please be aware of the possibility of blowing and drifting snow in certain areas of the district and use caution driving to and from school. Go slow, put extra clothes in your vehicles, buckle up and keep your phone charged.
Your safety is everyone’s top priority. Leave home earlier than usual as the trip to school is bound to take most of you longer than usual.
6. NBC Track & Field Apparel is now available. Order on the school website, through Mr. Montoya, or by visiting https://north bendcentral.itemorder.com
7. Are you interested in making $4,000 this summer and getting a $1,000 scholarship? Frontier Coop is offering an internship opportunity where you get to experience all areas of an ag business. It’s not just an “ag” opportunity. See Mr. Mottl if you’re interested. Applications are due Friday.
Happy Birthday to Louis Johnson, Carter Richardson, Delaney Richardson and Mya Stahl!