Announcements for April 26th
Today’s Lunch: Chicken Nuggets
Tomorrow’s Lunch: Potato Boat with Toppings Tomorrow’s Breakfast: Yogurt
Today’s Activities: NBC Golf Invite ~ Cancelled
1. If you are a member of Science Club and plan on attending the zoo safari trip in May you need to stop by Mr. Nicola’s room to sign up for a time to work Mayfest.
We will making homemade soda by using dry ice and flavored water.
2. Blood drive will be held at the City Auditorium on Thursday, April 27th from noon to 6:00 p.m.
3. TAP BAND SCHEDULE: No Tap Band sectionals this week
4. Softball players please stop by Mr. Meyer’s room to sign up for a time to work during Mayfest.
5. FBLA Members: Sign up for a 30 minute work shift for Mayfest outside of Mrs. Miller’s door.
6. 2017-2018 Cheerleaders & Dancers: You MUST sign up for a time to assist with Mayfest games! Sign up sheets are outside
Coach Wright’s door (A17). Everyone MUST serve and there are limited spots for time so sign up ASAP to get your
preference. Mayfest is Monday, May 1, so get it on your calendar NOW!
National Honor Society Banquet Tickets: Current NHS members and family members of current and new members wanting to eat
at the National Honor Society banquet on May 5th need to purchase tickets by Monday, May 5th. Tickets are $8 each. Please see
Jill in the office to buy your tickets. (New members - Booster Club pays for your meals. )
SENIORS - you may come to the office to sign up who you will be marching with at Graduation.
Next week you will no longer be able to charge extras in the lunch room from now until the end of the year.
10. Money was found in the cafeteria last week. Please come to the office to claim.
11. MayFest is Monday, May 1. One of the main attractions is the Nebraska National Guard Inflatable Obstacle Course. In order to
participate on the course, you need a form signed by your parents filled out and turned in to the school. You can get this done
ahead of time by getting a form in the office and turning it in to the office prior to Monday. This will save you time waiting in line. Tickets to run the course are 2 for $1 and will be sold that night.
12. All independent study band students need to get, fill out and return their Band lettering points sheet to Mr. K. by this Friday.
13. Mr. Sterup is looking for kids to help set up and tear down the obstacle course and other games before MayFest on Monday. Kids
who help will be allowed to run the obstacle course for free. If you are interested, see Mr. Sterup or Jill in the office. You will need
be there around 5:30 for set up and at 8:00 for teardown.
14. Art Club Members need to sign up to do face painting at Mayfest. The sign-up sheet is outside the Art Room door.
The Media Center Color printer is in need of a part. Until we get it, all color print jobs will automatically come out of the Black
and White printer in the Media Center.
Wednesday is “National Walk-at-:Lunch Day” - We will be walking during TAP, weather permitting, so make sure you have
comfortable shoes to wear. Blue Cross Blue Shield will donate $20 to NE Special Olympics on behalf of your effort!
2017-2018 Cheerleaders and Dance Team Members: Parent meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 2 at 7pm in the Tiger Den.
Mark your calendars and be there early with a parent, please! If you can’t make it, please let Coach Wright or Coach
Schwanebeck know ASAP!
18. We need sophomores to sign up to work at the Plant Sale next Wednesday and Thursday. We have $15,000 in plants sold that will be picked up in 2 days. If you were a big seller and you have some money going to another account you must work a shift or your money will stay with the Prom account. I you didn’t reach the $150 sales goal, you can work at the Plant Sale to reduce the amount you will owe or next year’s Prom. The sign-up sheet in on Mrs. Gross-Rhode’s door. Some have already signed up. Check the list to see if you are one of them.
19. Library books are due back into the library May 3 so we can begin to inventory books before seniors’ last day. All students can keep one book so you have something to read, but if you have multiple books checked out please get the extras turned in.
Happy Birthday to Jenna Byrd!