Announcements for April 24th
Today’s Lunch: Hot dog or Polish dog Wednesday’s Lunch: Chicken Nuggets Wednesday’s Breakfast: Combo Bar
Today’s Activities: JH Track @ Wisner at 3:00 No School Tomorrow
If you are a member of Science Club and plan on attending the zoo
safari trip in May you need to stop by Mr. Nicola’s room to sign
up for a time to work Mayfest. We will making homemade soda by using dry ice and flavored water.
Blood drive will be held at the City Auditorium on Thursday, April 27th from noon to 6:00 p.m.
TAP BAND SCHEDULE: No Tap Band sectionals this week
4. Softball players please stop by Mr. Meyer’s room to sign up for a time to work during Mayfest. 5. FBLA Members: Sign up for a 30 minute work shift for Mayfest outside of Mrs. Miller’s door.
6. 2017-2018 Cheerleaders & Dancers: You MUST sign up for a time to assist with Mayfest games! Sign up sheets are outside Coach Wright’s door (A17). Everyone MUST serve and there are limited spots for time so sign up ASAP to get your preference. Mayfest is Monday, May 1, so get it on your calendar NOW!
National Honor Society Banquet Tickets: Current NHS members and family members of current and new members wanting to eat at the National Honor Society banquet on May 5th need to purchase tickets by Monday, May 5th. Tickets are $8 each. Please see Jill in the office to buy your tickets. (New members - Booster Club pays for your meals. )
SENIORS - you may come to the office to sign up who you will be marching with at Graduation.
Tiger Classic Meeting on Monday, April 24th at 7:00 p.m. in Mr. Streff’s room. All wrestlers attending camp need to attend with a
10. Money was found in the cafeteria last week. Please come to the office to claim.
11. MayFest is Monday, May 1. One of the main attractions is the Nebraska National Guard Inflatable Obstacle Course. In order to
participate on the course, you need a form signed by your parents filled out and turned in to the school. You can get this done
ahead of time by getting a form in the office and turning it in to the office prior to Monday. This will save you time waiting in line. Tickets to run the course are 2 for $1 and will be sold that night.
Congratulations to the NBC FPS teams that represented our school at the Future Problem Solving State Bowl this weekend. T-shirt design contest winner - Paige Bunn. 4th place in skits - Paige Bunn, Ethan Emanuel, Faith Renard, Owen Simanek, and Mya Stahl. 3rd place in skits - Gavin Kirschenmann, Burkett Peters, Grant Peters, Noah Post. 1ST PLACE in skits - Harley Cave, Zander Gibney, Kyle Jedlicka, Elsa Rasmussen). 1ST PLACE in alternate booklet - Trevor Ortmeier. 5th place in booklet - Joey Brodd, Liberty Dake, Lauren Kohl, Rebekah Voss. 4th place in booklet - Hailey Anderson, Ryan Gaughen, Hannah Murray, Cody Prohaska. 5th place in booklet - Travis Byrd, Madelyn Gaughen, Amy Murray, Jordan Ondracek. 2nd place in booklet and winner of the “All Events” Senior Division Award - Harley Cave, Zander Gibney, Kyle Jedlicka, Elsa Rasmussen.
Mr. Sterup is looking for kids to help set up and tear down the obstacle course and other games before MayFest on Monday. Kids who help will be allowed to run the obstacle course for free. If you are interested, see Mr. Sterup or Jill in the office. You will need be there around 5:30 for set up and at 8:00 for teardown.
14. Art Club Members need to sign up to do face painting at Mayfest. The sign-up sheet is outside the Art Room door.
15. The Media Center Color printer is in need of a part. Until we get it, all color print jobs will automatically come out of the Black
and White printer in the Media Center.
16. Wednesday is “National Walk-at-:Lunch Day” - We will be walking during TAP, weather permitting, so make sure you have
comfortable shoes to wear. Blue Cross Blue Shield will donate $20 to NE Special Olympics on behalf of your effort!