Announcements for February 17, 2020
Today’s Lunch: Taco or Chicken Fajita
Tomorrow’s Breakfast: Pancake on a Stick
Tomorrow’s Lunch: Deli Ham or Turkey
Today’s Activities: Jr High Wrestling Quad @ East Butler 5:00
Congratulations to our two State Wrestling Qualifiers, Ian Virka and Ethan Mullally and to all the wrestlers who have put in a lot of time and effort all season.
1. Speech practice this week 3:30 PM: Mon.- All speakers; Tues.- Extemp., OID, and Poetry; Wed.- Persuasive, Informative, & Entertainment; Thurs.- Duet, Humorous, & Serious; Fri.- team meeting in Mr. Lafleur’s room.
2. JUNIORS: Interested in a career in either Accounting or Business? UNL's DreamBig Academy and Accounting Pre-College Program are offering help preparing for college & the admissions process, paying for school (how's a $2,000 scholarship sound?), and gaining perspective on their programs & jobs associated with those degrees. Interested? Talk to Mrs. Wright ASAP -- application deadlines are coming up!
3. Students grades 9-12 (NO JUNIORS): interested in a career in Ag, tech, business, or sales? Sign up with Mr. Mottl or Mrs. Wright for the Platte Valley Equipment Spring Ag Day Tues., Feb. 18. Simulations, demonstrations, technology overview, ride & drive event, and agronomy work... there is lots to learn and experience! Take advantage! YOU MUST RSVP by NOON Thursday to attend!
4. HOSA - $40 for State on March 22-23 – limited to 16 members, you must be an officer, have worked concession stands, or are participating in a state competition.
5. Optimist Club Baseball and Softball registration days: Wednesday 2/19 5:00-7:30PM at PVB Conference Center. If unable to attend, forms will be available at the bank 2/20. Registration deadline is Friday, 2/28.
6. The Wayne State College rep will be here on Wednesday, February 19th at 9:00a.m. If any 10th, 11th or 12th grade student would like to meet with the rep to learn more about Wayne State College, talk to your 2nd period teacher in advance about missing class to okay it and then see Mrs. Gaughen for a pass.
7. FFA Meeting today at 10:55 in Mr. Mottl’s room.
8. Any Juniors interested in discussing Prom glassware will meet in the Library at 7:50 tomorrow morning.
9. Because there is no school this Friday, the track throwers will meet this THURSDAY morning.
10. Reminder: there is a scholarship writing work night tonight from 6:00-7:30 in the Tiger Den. Please email Mrs. Gaughen by noon today to give her your pizza choice so she can make sure there’s enough food.
11. Students attending State wrestling on Thursday can receive a student activity absence if they provide the school with a parent note by 9:00 am Wed morning and check in with Mr. Allgood at the CHI Center Thursday for Session 1. If you have any questions, see Mr Allgood or Mrs. Petersen.